Dental fillings are mainly used to fill cavities caused by the decay of teeth. Cavities are one of the most common oral issues that people face. The main cause of cavities is the accumulated plaque and tartar on the face of the teeth which contain millions of microbes in them. They release acids that are capable of eroding the enamel and reaching the inner layers of the teeth. Failing to get them treated at the right time can allow the infection to spread to the gums, tooth pulp, and the jawbone as well.
Why should you choose tooth-colored fillings?
- As the name suggests, tooth-colored composite filings can be made to match the exact color of the teeth. They would not be easily distinguishable and anyone who looks at you smile wouldn’t be able to notice them easily.
- Composite fillings are highly durable. They wouldn’t wear easily even upon biting and chewing hard foods and would easily last for several years.
- They offer amazing sealing properties and wouldn’t let the microbes to penetrate through the sides. This way, they prevent re-infection of the cavity.
- In certain cases, composite fillings can also be used to treat minor chipping, cracks, etc. on the teeth.
- The composite fillings we use would contain fluoride, which prevents further tooth decay.